- Swine weigh-in will be on TUESDAY, May 10, 2022 from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Market Goat weight restrictions are 60-85 lbs. All overweight goats must go home on weigh in day.
- Stall decorations are no longer included in “Clean Stall”. Decorations are optional & must be in place by Saturday, May 7, 2022 by 4:00 p.m.
- Weigh-in day is for animals and tack drop off only. Must enter through the Canal St. gate.
- Stall teardown/walkout can begin at 3 pm on Sunday, driving on grounds will begin at 4 pm. No animals may leave before 4 p.m., with the exception of replacement heifers, which must leave on Sunday between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. by arrangement with the Livestock Office. 831-385-3243
- Don't forget your Still Exhibit *A still exhibit is mandatory for all Market and Livestock exhibitors, with the exception of Primary Members (Rabbits & Poultry)
- Showmanship is mandatory & classes have been changed and listed below.
- There will no longer be a beginning showmanship class. See Showmanship rules for each division.
- Exhibitors eligible for Round Robin must notify the clerk before they leave the show ring.
New Showmanship Classes
- 4-H NOVICE 1st year exhibitors who have never shown this species. Top 3 Progress to Jr.
- 4-H JUNIOR Exhibitors 10-13 years old, who have shown this species at a fair. Top 3 progress to Sr.
- 4-H SENIOR All exhibitors age 14-19 years of age, regardless of showmanship experience.
- FFA NOVICE Exhibitor has never shown this species of animal at any fair. Top 3 progress to Sr.
- FFA SENIOR All other FFA Exhibitors.
Beef & Replacement Heifer Show
- Beef exhibitors may only bring 2 head of cattle. Feeders count as one of your 2 head. Please read the “area limits” for the acceptable beef combinations. (See Livestock Rules for details)
- Market Steers will compete in a SLICK SHEARING SHOW this year and all shearing must be done before arriving on grounds. (See department rules for details)
- Steers must be no older than 20 months, all teeth may be checked.
- NO CATTLE BREEDING CLASSES will be offered for 2022- Market Show only.
- Replacement Heifers must be at least 4 months bred by weigh in day
Junior Livestock Auction
- Terminal sale. No market animals will be live pick up except Replacement Heifers.
- In person auction only, no online bidding. We encourage you to send out Add-On forms.
- Buyers letters are extremely important! Please send out at least 3 per exhibitor & encourage buyers from outside of Monterey County as well. Don't forget to send out a Thank You after the fair.
- Auction checks will be available for pickup on July 27th.